Friday, December 5, 2008

Gorillas, Puppy Mills, and Blogs

Black and white kitten playing
Just a few things:

The United Nations has launched 2009 as the Year of the Gorilla -- a campaign designed to raise money for primates threatened with extinction.

On Tuesday, the OSPCA rescued almost 100 dogs from a puppy mill in Meaford, Ontario. The story is here. I hope they throw the book at these idiots.

I've started a new blog, featuring some of the animals available for adoption at the OSPCA where I volunteer. You can check it out here. Above is one of the kittens waiting for a new home.

Now, I'm off to catch up on your blogs!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a wonderful thing that you do for these animals through your volunteer work, Lynn.

Those animals are a real bunch of cuties and I hope they find good homes soon.

My little kitty boy that I adopted back in October is as happy (and spoiled!) as can be. Which makes me glad that I finally got over the passing of my prior little sweetheart kitty, and decided to give another one a loving home.

Lynn Sinclair said...

I wish there were more people like you, Georgie. Are you sure you don't want another little kitty -- all the way from Canada?

Anonymous said...

Gosh, it's just so sad people are willing to mistreat animals and create puppy mills. Don't these people have a conscience?

Lynn Sinclair said...

It amazes me too, Geri. I suppose we need only look in the newspaper to see just how terrible people can be -- to each other and to animals. Sad world, huh?