Sunday, February 10, 2008

Update



Last month, in Entertaining your cat, I wrote about the toy I'd purchased but my cat had ignored. Just wanted to let you know that I took it up to the OSPCA (where they seem to have an overabundance of full-grown cats), and put it into a large room with six cats.

They loved it! They played with the thingamabobs and actually went inside the green 'house'. Although the Society provides lots of toys for the cats, I think I'll buy a few of the Birds of a Tethers that Meeko loves, and take them over to the shelter.

6 comments:

NuclearToast said...

So, apparently, Meeko is the weird one. I mean, if all those cats at the shelter like the toy, what's that say about Meeko, right? But the toy found a good home and a happy ending, so that's what counts.

Lynn Sinclair said...

There was no doubt before the neglected toy incident--Meeko is weird.

Carolyn Burns Bass said...

We once bought a fancy scratching pole for our cats, and they never used it. Then my husband built them an awesome kitty condo all lined it with carpet and they never used it either. They preferred to nest under my car or in the rafters of our garage. I don't miss the claw scratches on my car from them jumping down onto the roof and hood, but I do miss the kitties.

Lynn Sinclair said...

Carolyn, I'd like to think the cats aren't ignoring our efforts on purpose. You know, driving us crazy by pretending to be finicky, but sometimes, I think it's all a part of their master to plan to take over the world.

Or not.

Anonymous said...

bah, my cat never plays with anything I give her... I have to pretend it's "NOT" for her... and just leave it around.. like in the laundry basket or something.

Lynn Sinclair said...

Cats are just too proud for their own good.